Discovering Nepal is aimed at Key Stage 2 and introduces children to the country of Nepal. It explores life for children in rural villages in the Himalaya through Nepali games, videos and engaging activities.
This package can be run as a workshop or used as a set of 10 lesson plans.
Supporting resources include worksheets for children, photo packs, Nepali art, story books, singing bowls and prayer flags. You can access a sample of the Discovering Nepal package for you to show to colleagues and to consider, along with the photo pack.
- What’s in a name? – Exploring the role of charities, including PHASE
- Global village – Exploring global citizenship, similarities and differences
- Discovering Nepal – Comparing and contrasting key attributes of the UK and Nepal
- Nepali story time – Exploring Nepali culture through folk tales
- Snapshots of village life – Exploring Nepali rural life through photographs
- A day in the life – Exploring the daily life of Nepali children
- Nepali language and art – Exploring the diversity in different countries’ cultures
- Exploring schools – Comparing and contrasting school life and school journeys in the UK and Nepal
- Exploring wants and needs – Using a children’s rights approach
- Debating issues/taking action – Discussing global ideas and issues
If you would like to order a FREE Discovering Nepal pack, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.