We provide essential healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities to communities who, if it wasn’t for PHASE, would have to walk for up to 10 days to access these services. PHASE has a strong theory of change and believe a lack of access to healthcare and limited opportunities for livelihoods lock communities into a cycle of poverty.
PHASE is looking for a volunteer for the Bristol office to help with the day-to-day running of our busy organisation. This is the ideal role for anyone seeking experience in an office environment or in the charity or international development sector.
Main duties will involve supporting our communications and helping us prepare for our events however there is significant scope to be involved in different aspects of the organisation depending on the volunteer’s level of interest and skills. PHASE wish to offer a supportive environment to its volunteers and where they are engaged and able to learn new skills so we are happy to discuss the role based on areas of interest.
Tasks as part of the basic role may involve:
– Assist with social media, comms and content creation
– Data management, data extraction, photocopying, filing and typing
– Supporting with the organisation and promotion of events
– Researching opportunities for fundraising and boosting income
Ideally the candidate will:
– Be highly motivated, responsible, organised and reliable
– Be a competent user of computer software, particularly Microsoft Office
– Be a competent user of most social media platforms
– Have the ability to work independently
– Have good interpersonal and communication skills
– Have excellent English language skills
– Have a professional outlook
– Be driven to begin a career in International Development
Informal training given throughout the volunteers time with us to allow the individual to gain a basic understanding of how a small charity works.